SPARE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE - Invest in ready-made material for business English classes
This particular vocabulary-based handout focuses on different ways of discussing goals. Your students will learn which verbs are most often associated with the word “goal” and what a goal may be like. This may come in handy in project meetings or job interviews.
Works well with Photo Cards:
- 1. CAREER LADDER
- 9. BUSINESSMEETINGS
- 14. START-UPS
- 30. PRESENTATIONS
- 46 INTERVIEW
WHAT ARE VOCABITE HANDOUTS?
VOCAbite Handout is a condensed chunk of language to be used for 15-20 minutes during a lesson.
HOW ARE THEY BUILT?
They are based on PPPP principle: Present > Practice > Produce > Prove.
First you need to show Students what you want them to master. Then you need to guide them in how to use it. Then they try to get independent at the Production stage by creating their own sentences or conversing. Finally, they have to Prove that they actually acquired the language. Thus Students get gradually more and more confident about using a particular structure or grammar item.
HOW TO USE IT?
It's a perfect breakaway from the routine and an excellent lesson filler. Students receive a couple of useful expressions or structures and get to practice them instantaneously.
- You may start by introducing one of the Business Photo Cards assigned to the handout:
a) asking the students to describe the photo
b) discussing the questions
c) going through the useful words and phrases and related topics section (for creative ideas on how to do that, go to GAMES)
1. First you present the vocabulary or grammar structure and let the students read the examples.
2. Students get used to the expression or structure by forming sentences, using appropriate forms of words, answering questions or fulfilling other tasks with your guidance.
3. Then you ask them questions and they answer or roleplay a situation.
4. Finally they have a short exercise where they have to recall all of the expressions - you can do it in class or ask them to do it as homework.
HANDOUT - A2 - Goal collocations
Recommended level - A2 up to B1